So you’ve decided to start dieting. But how should you go about doing it? You’ve tried dieting before, but have miserably failed. You want more information about dieting, and want to do it right. Well, you’ve come to the right place. The following is a review of the top nutrition guides on the net:
Most people believe that you need to follow some extreme diet in order to lose fat. They believe that you must eat bland foods and put yourself through a lot of misery in order drop fat. This is not true at all.
I have uncles, cousins, friends, and neighbors who’ve tried all sorts of diets. I’ve even put myself through some hardcore diets to lose weight. They don’t work. The only way to truly lose weight forever is to learn how to eat.
And if you wish to save countless hours on trying to figure out how exactly to eat to lose weight, then my suggestion is to invest in some good guides. Namely, ebooks.
Ebooks offer something completely unique that most products do not – they are electronic and can be delivered to you in seconds. You can also print parts of them out for easy reference. I personally purchase at least 1-2 fitness ebooks per month.
This is because I’m a fitness enthusiast and am always on the look out for some new technique or creative idea that will take my workouts and nutrition to the next level. I stopped reading magazines a long time ago because they just keep coming out with the same old, boring information.
How to Choose the Right Nutrition Guide
hoosing the right nutrition guideis tough these days, especially with all the diet programs out on the market these days. Here are some simple tips you can use to determine whether or not a nutrition guide is right for you:
- What Kind of Nutrition Guide can you afford? – This is the first question you should ask yourself. Regardless of your reasons for shopping for a diet product, you need to determine what your budget is and exactly how much money, if any, you are willing to spend to lose fat.
- What kind of lifestyle do you live? – If you’re someone who travels a lot, then what you need is a set of guidelines and simple tips to make healthy decisions. If you have a set schedule every day, then a set nutrition plan would work better for you.
- How much Time do you Have to Cook? – Another very important question to ask yourself is how much time do you have, or are willing to spend to actually cook. You can find guides that offer recipes which only take a few minutes, so the time you spend cooking is minimal.
- Are you a picky eater? – If you’re able to eat the same foods every single day, then dieting will be much easier for you. However, if you’re a picky eater, then you need recipes, and lots of them!
- How Fast do you Want Results? - I personally am wary of any program which promises “30lbs in 30 days.” But within a reasonable ball park, how fast do you want/need results? If you’re getting ready for a big public event, you may just need something extremely strict for the short term.
The following are reviews of some of my favorite dieting guides:
A Review of Fat Loss Factor:
Fat Loss Factor contains guidelines for a quick healthy lifestyle plan that can help anyone in any physical condition to lose unwanted belly fat. From the first principle of preparing for success to the last one, FLF implements a lifestyle of fitness, eating right for your body, and the mental attitude that it takes to reach your goal weight. The book is chock full of practical, down to earth advice.
Fat Loss Factor starts by measuring your basic statistics including weight, and body fat percentage. You are also asked to get photographs of yourself at the start so you can monitor your progress through the program. You?re advised to check your clothing at the beginning too, because you?ll likely find it to fit more loosely as you apply the principles of the program. Waist measurements are important too: women should ideally be around thirty two inches while a thirty five inch waist is ideal for men.
The program doesn’t take a
miracle approach to get what it promises:
a lean, healthy body that you can
be proud of. These goals are reached through the consistent practice of proven principles of fitness and health. For example, the book stipulates early on that a change in eating habits is essential to your physical goals. Eating healthy foods that promote fat loss, metabolism, and energy is equally important to following the exercise regimen prescribed in the book. Once your body is cleansed and fueled by natural foods, you are introduced into some basic fat loss principles for exercise.
According to the book, building muscle is essential to burning fat. That’s right, you won’t need any diet pills or other trendy supplements to get the body you want. The book explains how muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue, giving you the ability to burn fat even when you’re not working out. By working in sets and supersets, Fat Loss Factor guides you through basic exercises that will build the muscle you need without bulking up.
By the time you reach the fourth principle of fat loss, you will find out that traditional cardiovascular routines are not what you want to do for your exercise. Citing scientific research from around the world, Fat Loss Factor urges exercising in bursts or what is called burst training. By alternating between high intensity and low intensity intervals, your body burns more fat and your workout is much shorter!
Readers will find Fat Loss Factor an entertaining and informative read that will motivate them to avoid weight loss and fitness gadgets and gimmicks and steer them toward practical fat loss methods that work.
A Review of Xtreme Fat Loss Diet
The plan is based off of periods of strict dieting and periods of cheating. You get to eat anything you want once every 5 days! For the other days, you will diet slightly differently each day. This way, your body never adapts. That is the beauty of the Xtreme Fat Loss Diet.
Lets break down all of these days of dieting:
Xtreme Fat Los Diets – Dieting Days
Dieting Method #1: Cheat Day
People get excited on Cheat Day and make it “strategic.” Don’t. Wake up normally and eat the foods you crave. Don’t make a plan the night before to eat everything in sight. The goal of your cheat days it satisfy your cravings and to prevent your body from going into “starvation mode.”
Hence, don’t stuff yourself. Eat until you’re full, and get on with the rest of the day. Eat regularly throughout the day. Don’t fast all day so that you can feast and binge at one meal. Try an eat your normal times per day, whether thats 3 times or 6 times.
Dieting Method #2: Fast Day
Right after the cheat day, you’ll move into a fast day. Once again, this diet is based on extremes. So you’re moving from end of the dieting spectrum – where you eat what you want – to the other side – you eat nothing.
You will consume only fluids throughout the day. The idea of the Fast Day is to create a massive calorie deficit while the body is primed for fat loss. Why your body is primed for fat loss after a cheat day you’ll be told in the manual itself.
Dieting Method #3: Shake Day
The shake day is basically a gradual transition back into eating. On this day, you will be consuming calories based on your body fat percentage. The lower your bodyfat percentage, the more you will be allowed to consume.
There is also a specific combination of macro nutrients you must follow for each shake. These are given to you in explicit detail. Healthy fats are an important aspect in your shake day. The three sources Joel recommends are Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Hemp, or Udo’s Choice Oil.
Dieting Method #4: Moderate Carbohydrate Day
Most diets only focus on severe caloric restriction. Well, Joel is all about cycling between periods of high, moderate, and low calorie consumption. This is your moderate carb day, meant to break you out of the rut created by extreme caloric depletion.
Once again, you will be consuming calories based on your bodyfat percentage. The lower your bodyfat, the more you will be allowed to eat. Joel recommends you workout in the morning and consume carbohydrates earlier in the day.
Dieting Method #5: Protein Only Depletion Day
Your depletion day is devoted to depleting your energy stores. Very simple concept: deplete muscle glycogen and triglyceride stores to make room for the influx of calories on your Cheat Day. Consume protein 2 grams for every pound lean body mass.
So the more muscle you have, the more protein you will consume. Lactic Acid training is the recommended workout for this day. In addition, you can perform a low intensity cardiovascular workout. The main idea is move as much as possible on this day to deplete your energy stores.
A Review of Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle
Tom Venuto is a world-renowned fat loss expert. He is a personal trainer, nutritional consultant, motivation coach, fitness model, health club manager, and freelance writer. Tom’s helped tens of thousands of individuals lose fat and gain lean muscle mass with his Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle eBook. His articles have been published in Ironman, Natural Bodybuilding, Muscular Development, Exercise for Men, and Men’s Fitness.
Lets review some of the pros and cons of this program:
- Tom shows you how fat loss works. And once you realize how all the different aspects of fat loss come together, you will be able to come up with some realistic goals. BFFM does not make unrealistic claims, although when you look at the transformations on his website, you will get to understand what is capable if you put your mind to it and use his advice to the best of your abilities.
- The most important aspect of the eBook is when Tom talks about proper mindset. With his tips and techniques, you can recondition your mind to help push through fat loss plateaus. This is extremely crucial information, and something I have not seen expressed in other fitness manuals.
- Tom gives you a list of foods that you can find in your local grocery store for instant results! There’s no impossible diets to follow, nor does he recommend taking dangerous supplements. Tom also gives you four separate weight training programs which are aimed at various levels of fitness. So, this eBook works for beginner, intermediate, and advanced trainees.
- All in all, BFFM is all about a balanced, common sense approach to improved health. You won’t get short-term results. Tom shows you how to make permanent lifestyle changes that lead to permanent fat loss.
- The only one drawback is that this is a LONG read. At over 300 pages, you won’t finish this one sitting. But take it step by step, and take notes. Print certain parts out (not the whole thing!), and save the parts that you can implement right away in your lifestyle. Don’t worry, you’ll get through it if you put your mind to it.