Guide to Bodyweight Muscle Building:
Learn how to build muscle WITHOUT a gym membership
Are you ready for 4 minutes of pain? It might not seem like much, but there is TON of work you can get done within just 4 minutes of exercise.
- Too many exercises
- Too much rest between sets
Tabata training helps your resolve these two issues and helps you get a fast, intense workout in a matter of 4 MINUTES. Here’s how it works:
- Choose an exercise
- Perform the exercise for 20 seconds all out, then rest 10 seconds.
- Repeat for another 7 times
That’s 4 minutes of pain. If you’re brave enough and survive the first 4 minutes, you can start adding in more exercises into the mix. Most Tabata workouts have you performing 3-5 exercises for workouts that last 12-20 minutes.
If you can recover from Tabata workouts, then you can perform them 2-3 days a week and burn a tremendous amount of fat in the process. This might be the only fat loss program you need, EVER.
I’m going to share with you a quick and simple beginner bodyweight workout:
Tabata rounds of:
- Jumping Chinups – get under a pullup bar. Grab the pullup bar with a palms facing you grip. Jump up as high as possible and complete the movement by pulling your body towards the pullup bar. Let your chin clear the bar. Drop back to starting position
- Parallel Jump Squat – Drop down into a parallel squat, then explode up.
- Knee Pushups – Get on the ground with you arms besides your body. Bend your knees and place them on a soft surface (mat, grass, carpet). Keep your back straight and push your body off the floor until your arms are fully extended.
Perform 8 20/10 intervals of each exercise before moving onto the next exercise. Perform this quick 12 minute workout 2-3 times a week for intense fat burning.
Once you get through this beginner program, then you can try your hand at a more advanced circuit: Tabata Circuits for Ultimate Cardio