I don’t write too much about nutrition because I don’t consider myself an expert. But this morning Dr. K sent me a video where he talks about 5 ways to lose fat fast.
Check it out here:
So lets review what he’s saying:
Strategy #1: Design a 30 Day Exercise Program using the Triple M Method:
- Motor Learning – Focuses on how much muscle your recruiting within a given exercise. For example, pushups on unstable surfaces will recruit more muscle fibers than regular pushups.
- Multi Planar Movement – Very similar to CST’s 6 degrees of seperation. Dr. K states that you must perform movements that have you moving back and forth, side to side, and rotational.
- Muscle Balancing – Balancing the muscles around a joint. Pretty complicated, but the main idea here is that if you do not adequately balance the muscles trained, it will lead to a plateau and potential injury.
Strategy #2: Design a 30 Day Nutritional Program Using:
- Carb Consumption – Simply put, the consumption of carbohydrates. Joel Marion talks about consuming more carbs than normal on your cheat day to jump start fat loss.
- Carb Depletion – This is the idea behind low carb dieting. Carb depletion and carb consumption need to work hand in hand where you go through periods of undereating carbs, and overeating carbs. Also known as Carb Cycling.
- Leptin Modification – A bit complicated and requires a separate article (coming soon). However, all you need to know right now is that leptin is an important hormone that gets screwed up during intense dieting phases.
- Enhanced Muscle Growth – Basically increase caloric and protein intake to pack on muscle mass. Increasing muscle mass is your long term tool against fat loss.
Once you’ve written your goals down, read them out loud to yourself as if you’ve already accomplished those goals. Do this 5 times day:
- As soon as you wake up
- Before Lunch
- After Lunch
- Before Dinner
- Before Bedtime
Strategy #4: Heart Rate Spike Mini Sets
Dr. K will go through this in more detail in the next few days. However, I’m guessing it to perform short, 5-10 minute mini sets throughout the day that get your heart rate up.
This small boost in your heart rate will eventually raise your overall metabolism and get you burning fat faster.
Sample schedule would include:
- One mini set in the morning
- One mini set in the afternoon
- One mini set in the evening
Strategy #5: Consider Strength and Length
Strength refers to how strong you are. Length refers to how flexibly you are. Dr. K states that you need to be both strong and flexible. This, once again, refers to how balanced your body is.
If you haven’t done so yet, you absolutely should check out Dr. K’s Double Edged Fat Loss Program. Click here to learn more.
In addition, many of the dieting methods Dr. K talked about are actually from Joel Marion’s upcoming nutrition program, Xtreme Fat Loss Diet. Click here to learn more.