GET STARTED TODAY WITH OUR MOST POPULAR PLAN: THE SHAH TRAINING PLAYGROUND WORKOUT
Finally, forget the gym, skip the steady state cardio, and get a lean, mean physique while working out in the playground...or at home!
- 3, 15-minute bodyweight workouts: learn how to use bodyweight training to burn fat and build lean muscle mass
- Tips, Tricks, & Tools: discover how to schedule your workouts around a busy schedule and maximize your training time.
It’s summer time. Two things happen during summer time with regards to your training: you either get really motivated and increase the intensity of your workouts.
Or, you just get really lazy, start partying with your buddies, and eat like crap. You start missing workouts, and before you know it, you’re in even worse shape than when you started out with.
Well, if you’re facing such a situation, then I’ve got the perfect workout to help you get back into shape. This is great for intermediate trainees who’ve been training for a while, but just need to ease back into it.
This workout uses the Inverse Pyramid scheme. I find this to be the perfect scheme to mix up the repetitions and give your body the shock it needs.
Lateral Jumps – Squat Down and explode up. Instead of jumping straight up and down, jump to your left and drop straight into squat position. Repeat on the right side. This is one repetition.
1 ½ Pull-ups – Get under a pull-up bar, and grab it with a palms facing away, shoulder width grip. Pull yourself up until the chin clears the bar. Lower yourself down, and stop half way. Pull yourself back until your chin clears the bar and return to starting position. This is one repetition.
- Lateral Jumps, 2 repetitions
- 1 ½ Pull-ups, 5 repetitions
- Lateral Jumps, 4 repetitions
- 1 ½ Pull-ups, 4 repetitions
- Lateral Jumps, 6 repetitions
- 1 ½ Pull-ups, 3 repetitions
- Lateral Jumps 8 repetitions
- 1 ½ Pull-ups, 2 repetitions
- Lateral Jumps, 10 repetitions
- 1 ½ Pull-ups, 1 repetition
Time the entire workout and try to beat your time the next time you perform the workout.