They say that abs are built in the kitchen. This is absolutely true. But, at the same time you can’t ignore your workouts. I mean, if you just dieted and never did any strength training, then you won’t have any lean muscle to reveal after you lost the fat.
That’s one of the reasons why I don’t like traditional cardio. It eats up the muscle mass you worked so hard to put on. I like to combine my strength and cardio session into one. This way, you get the strength training benefits along with the fat burning.
What is Kettlebell Cardio?
Kettlebell cardio is another form of cardio where you perform Kettlebell drills with a light to moderate weight in a circuit format. The idea is not to build strength or muscle, but you may see some increases in lean muscle mass.
You can use Kettlebell cardio to replace your traditional strength and cardio workouts. Or you can just use them as a replacement for cardio sessions, and still perform your traditional strength workouts.
Without further ado, here’s the workout:
Max rounds in 10 minutes of:
- Kettlebell Clean, Front Squat, and Press x 5 reps
- Burpee Pullup/Chinups x 5 reps
For this workout, set a timer for 10 minutes. Then move back and forth between the two combination drills for 5 repetitions each, as many times as you can in those 10 minutes. The next time you perform the workout, try to do one more round.
Here is how to perform each movement:
As you can see, I just took Chris Lopez’s Kettlebell Finisher and turned it into a stand alone workout.
- Beware over training – this is a tough workout, so be careful with it. I recommend only performing it once per week starting out.
- Make sure you get 8 hours of sleep per night, and are eating enough. Or else you won’t be able to recover properly from the routine.
- This workout trains almost every single muscle in the body. So you need to be smart when scheduling it with your regular strength workouts.
For more awesome Kettlebell workouts, check our Chris Lopez’s Kettlebell Revolution. Click here for more information.
Share and Enjoy