Well, there is a very simple variation you can do with Kettlebells, but it requires you to use two Kettlebells. Here is how to do the Two-Kettlebell Squat Thrust:
- Place two Kettlebells on the ground, shoulder-width apart. Squat down, coming up on your toes, in between the Kettlebells, and grip the handles.
- Kick your feet back so that you are in pushup position. From this position, kick your feet back to starting position, and stand up with Kettlebells by your sides.
- So this is a combination of a bodyweight squat thrust and a kettlebell suitcase deadlift.
- Of course, you can also add in the pushup to make this movement harder.
That’s a great movement, but the problem is….I only have ONE Kettlebell. Most people only start off with one Kettlebell. Is there a way you can add Kettlebells to make your squat thrusts more difficult?
YES! Check out the Kettlebell Swing Squat Thrust:
- Place your Kettlebell on the ground, and stand a few feet away from it. Perform a bodyweight squat thrust.
- When you bring your feet in and stand up, immediately grab the Kettlebell with two hands, and perform 2-3 Kettlebell swings.
- Place the Kettlebell back on the ground, and repeat.
Yet another variation of the movement is the Kettlebell Squat Thrust Dead Swing
- Grab the Kettlebell with two hands and perform a Kettlebell Swing. Place the Kettlebell on the floor.
- Make sure your grip is sturdy, and that the Kettlebell is flat on the floor, sturdy. Kick your feet out, then kick back in, and perform another swing.
- You need to be careful with this movement. If your shoulders are not directly above the Kettlebell, the bell will topple over and you will get hurt.
- In addition, if the bottom of the Kettlebell is not completely flat, or if the surface you are exercising on is not completely flat, then you will be at risk.
- You can practice this movement by keeping your hands on the Kettlebell, and kicking your legs in and out.
- Once you’ve mastered this movement, you can add in the Kettlebell Swing.
You’ve learned 3 great Kettlebell Squat Thrust Variations today. Start implementing them and train hard!
Grab free fitness planner!
Finally, achieve your goals with this simple tool...
To your best health,
PS – If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.