Therefore, Eric developed certain elements of strength and conditioning, which I’ll list below and which Eric goes into detail in his manual:
- #1 – Do the least amount of work to get the desired result.
- #2 – What gets measured and tracked, improves.
- #3 – Follow a progressive program, aka don’t wing it.
- #4 – Proper technique is crucial.
- #5 – Avoid training dogma.
- #6 – Health is your foundation for peak performance.
- #7 – Manage your “adaptation energy.”
- #8 – Set goals and work towards them.
- Anaerobic Lactic Energy System – focus is on power and strength, but that energy does not last very long.
- Anaerobic Alactic Energy System – extremely fast and powerful, but lasts only a few seconds.
Most conditioning programs spend a lot of time on fast, intense and randomized workouts – but few target all three energy systems. Cage Cardio is different, which is why it’s the ideal program for MMA athletes interested in improving their conditioning levels.
Pros of Cage Cardio:
#1 – The program is written in simple language and easy to follow. Eric Wong’s videos are clear and to the point.
#2 – The program does not recommend any supplements or any equipment. You can boost your conditioning simply through Eric’s intense workouts.
#3 – The purpose is to improve your conditioning which will have tremendous carry over into your work and sports life.
#4 – Train at an adequate intensity level focusing on all three energy systems without overtraining and injuring your body.
Cons of Cage Cardio:
I would say, the biggest drawback is that this is program is not available in print. It is a completely online program with PDF manuals and online videos.
Who should use Cage Cardio: Bodyweight Edition?
If any one of the following describes you, then you should absolutely definitely order Cage Cardio now:
- You want to a more effective way to increase your conditioning for your sport.
- You feel that your current endurance plan is not working for you.
- Previous programs have led to overtraining.
- You’ve been struggling to improve your conditioning for years.