GET STARTED TODAY WITH OUR MOST POPULAR PLAN: THE SHAH TRAINING PLAYGROUND WORKOUT
Finally, forget the gym, skip the steady state cardio, and get a lean, mean physique while working out in the playground...or at home!
- 3, 15-minute bodyweight workouts: learn how to use bodyweight training to burn fat and build lean muscle mass
- Tips, Tricks, & Tools: discover how to schedule your workouts around a busy schedule and maximize your training time.
Research is very important in your quest to improve with bodyweight training. The following are some research tools you can use to improve your fitness levels.
Some of these resources are free, and others are not free. Lets go over a few free ones first. The first free resource is your own training diary. If you do not have a training diary, then start one right now!
How to Start a Exercise Diary
Here are a few things you need for a successful training diary:
- Description of workout – what you did
- Method of measurement – record your progress with time, reps, sets, etc.
- Mood – How did you feel before and after your workout?
- Time – What time did you workout?
- Notes – Write a few sentences of what you liked and what you did not like about the workout.
The World of Blogging
The second resource is the Internet. Specifically, blogs. Shah Training is a blog, but there are lots of other blogs out there that can help you out with your bodyweight training.
Use google’s blog search feature to seek out these new blogs. In fact, what I do is just use Google Blog Search when I need to research a new topic. I trust individual blogs more than I trust mainstream media (well, you already knew that).
Sifting Through eBooks
The last source of great bodyweight information is eBooks. Some eBooks are cheap, some are expensive.
How Will You use this Information?
As you can tell, there are tons of bodyweight resources out there on the Internet. When deciding which products to feature on my website, I wanted there to be as much diversity as possible.
I was quite amazed at how many bodyweight training products are out there on the market. But each of these 6 eBooks provides a unique perspective on bodyweight exercise. While one focuses on Animal Training exercises, another is based off of Martial Arts exercises.
The question is not which approach you will take. The question is how can you use all this knowledge to create your own unique fitness philosophy.