What is Shah Training?
Welcome to ShahTraining.com! This is a brand new page on this website, designed to help you figure out exactly what this website is about. For starters, my name is Parth Shah, and I began this website in 2007 because I was fed up with all the magazine workouts and wanted to create a place I could talk about my own unique approach to fitness.
Over the years, I have developed my own unique fitness philosophy:
Principle #1: Use your Surroundings to Workout
I know have a pretty nice garage gym. But in 2007, when I had no money, I had to make do with what I had, which was a 300lb barbell set, medicine ball, jump rope, free standing heavy bag, and resistance band.
Now, you’re scratching your head and you’re saying “That’s a lot of equipment.” That is a lot of equipment, and I’m thankful for my dad for purchasing it for me. But the thing is, that I don’t use any of that equipment any more.
If I were stranded on a deserted island, I could probably stay in amazing shape just by using bodyweight movements and using things I find on the island to construct my own gym. That is rule #1.
So stop making excuses, and realize that you really don’t need a fully outfitted gym to get into great shape!
Principle #2: Question Everything
The problem with todays culture is that we just follow the crowd. I’m done following the crowd. I didn’t give me results. The moment I began questioning what I was reading in fitness magazines, I began to get results.
So question everything you read, even what is on this website! At the end of the day, you need to focus on your health. Keep the ball in your court. Do not blindly jump into an exercise routine just because it “looks cool.”
Principle #3: Keep your Workouts Short and Intense
The primary theme in all my articles and workouts is that you keep your workouts short and intense. You will NOT see anything posted or recommended on this website that has you training for hours on end.
I’ve found that intensity is the name of the game. Go as hard as you possibly can and as fast as you can, and you will get more muscle building and fat loss results. Long, boring workouts are just that: boring and ineffective.
But even if you don’t believe in short intense workouts, you should believe this: you don’t have a lot of time on your hands. If you’re someone who only has 20-30 minutes to workout per day, then you’ve come to the right place!
Principles #4: Keep Dieting Simple
Dieting is the toughest thing known to man. It doesn’t have to be. In fact, it shouldn’t be. I’ve made a lot of mistakes with my diet, and I’m hear to tell you how to do it right. First of all, realize that you can not out train a bad diet.
I tried doing that for years, and was unsuccessful. But then again, I have bad genetics. So if you’re someone who can eat anything they want and still maintain a set of six pack abs, then good for you. You’re one of the lucky ones!
The rest of us need to eat clean, which isn’t hard, as long as you follow one simple rule: try and avoid anything that comes in a package. This includes cereal and juice. Of course, with the way our society is structured, you can not avoid everything in a package, but focusing on natural foods will make a huge difference in your physique!
Goals of ShahTraining.com
Just as you have certain fitness goals, I have goals for this website. Here they are:
- Help people find a sustainable form of exercise and diet. Show people that it takes a life-long commitment.
- Call BS on the marketing gimmicks and infomercial scams. This is the battle ground and I am your leader.
- Motivate people to work hard and stick to their nutrition. Our world is full of lazy people and temptations. Don’t succumb to the temptations by keeping your goals in front of you at all times.
My PROMISE to YOU:
I’m in the same boat as you are. I’m not some fitness expert, although some people call me an expert. I do train people, but not for money. I’m really just an average joe who’s made a lot of mistakes in his life.
So my promise to you is that I’m not going to feed you any B.S. If you learn how to eat clean, and train hard, you WILL achieve your goals. But you just can’t make excuses. You need get serious and promise yourself that you will work hard.
Throw out the diet pills and fad diet books. It’s time to get our hands dirty!
- You MUST be able to perform the workouts with the equipment you have, or the equipment necessary must be within your reach
- The workouts must be super intense and super short. You do not want to send 2 hours per day working out.
- It must come with an easy to follow diet plan that makes nutrition super easy.
- The plan must be something you have fully researched, or something that completely answers all your questions.
I get many different programs to review in my inbox every single day. However, there are two that I particularly like. It’s easy to make the decision:
- If you have NO equipment and wish to train with your bodyweight only, then check out the Ultimate Gymless Workout. Click here to learn more about this program
- If you have a pair of dumbbells, and wish to train at home or in the gym, then check out the Gladiator Body Workout. Click here to learn more about this program.