Last night, I was at a surprise birthday party of a good friend of mine. A bunch of us were sitting, watching TV and waiting for our friend to arrive to his surprise party. We all either knew each other, or had heard of each other. And most people know me as the fitness guy. In fact, my best friend Dheeraj calls me “Parth Shah Shahtraining.com.”
Anyways, so the guy sitting next to me introduced himself. We started talking, and as usual, we began talking about working out. He told me he was having a hard time putting on muscle. In addition, he really wanted to bring up his shoulders. His main problem was that he couldn’t afford a gym membership and that he only had a few sets of light dumbbells he picked up at a garage sale.
So, I started explaining and demonstrating some exercises that he could do. Here are 2 of the best delt exercises you can do with just a pair of dumbbells and your bodyweight:
#1 – Hindu Pushups
Hindu pushups are difficult to explain, and you look really strange doing them. It’s a good thing you’re performing this exercise at home! (Imagine what I looked like demonstrating this movement at the party) Here’s how you do them:
- Start off in an upside down V position, with your butt in the aire and your legs and hands wider than shoulder width apart.
- Look down. Pick a point in the center of your hands. Now, move your head towards that point in a controlled motion.
- Move your body down so that your hips move towards the floor. As you get closer and closer to the point, arch your back, and swing your body forwards.
- Continue pushing your body forward. Look at the ceiling, and keep going until you arms are fully straight.
- Now return to starting position. Once you get good at this exercise, try to keep going non-stop. Maintain the fluidity of the movement.
#2 – DB 1-Arm Military Press
Make sure you do not use any leg drive with this movement. Here is how to perform the 1-arm Military Press:
- Start off standing with your feet shoulder width apart. Grab a dumbbell, and hold it just above your shoulder with elbows bent.
- Make sure your palms are facing towards your ear. From this position, push the weight up and above your head until your elbows lock out.
- Use the other hand to maintain your balance as you lift the weight above your head.
- Contract your abdominals, and use your upper body to push the weight with strict form
- Do not use your legs to drive the weight, or else it will turn into a Push press.
- Slowly lower the weight back to starting position, and repeat.
Start implementing these two exercises in your regular workouts, and watch your shoulders GROW.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7473331